-
November 28th, 2003, 08:36 PM
#1
Junior Hostboard Member
I recall reading several posts sometime back re: the number of recommended internal sides of an Altec loudspeaker cabinet that were originally dampened with a suitable material.
From memory I think some people tended to prefer going with the top and one side.
Firstly, if I may ask what would the negative effect or downside be of having both top, bottom and both sides dampened? Would this effect the frequency response of the loudspeaker within the cabinet?
Secondly would, it be recommended to treat any internal bracing of the unit with dampening material to help prevent against standing waves?
Thank you in advance.
-
November 28th, 2003, 11:56 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Steve,
If you are referring to bass reflex cabinets. The interior is typically covered with 1" to 1 1/2" non-backed fiberglass. It is most common to cover all interior walls except the front baffle. It is possible to over-damp a cabinet so, a little experimentation couldn't hurt. I would start with at least the back of the cab to reduce rear reflection and one long side. Unless your braces are very large padding these will be of little benefit.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks